01 Material Profile
Metocene - in this case in combination with Pristene - is a type of PP (polypropylene), which is manufactured with the aid of a metallocene catalyst system.
Colour: natural Pristene RM2073
This model shows the technology of back injection moulding. Before injection, a piece of fabric, cut to size, is placed in the mould. The heat and the high pressure during the injection process ensure that both materials fuse on the rear side of the fabric, whilst on the front side the textile feel of the material is maintained. Using this process, both two-dimensional as well as three-dimensional objects can be formed.
Creation Baumann | Fabric "Sendal"
GK tools | Injection molding with fabric
Milliken | Transparent dyes for Metocene
02 Technical Data
Advantages of Metocene:
- Great transparency and higher surface polish similar to that of PS, PC, PMMA, PETg
- The greater transparency means transparent dyes are also possible
- The material ceases to have a milky quality for lower wall strengths
- More even shrinkage and less distortion
- Improved dimensional stability, greater purity
- Additional energy savings thanks to lower melting temperature
- Better flowability and short cycle times
- Even lower emission levels thanks to far less low-molecular content
- Lower wall strength causes reduced cycle times
03 Material Properties
04 TagsLyondellBasell Articles, LyondellBasell Products
05 Articles about LyondellBasell
Rigid, impact resistant and highly transparent
The Metocene Material Edition, which Stylepark has developed in conjunction with the chemical company LyondellBasell, illustrates, with a variety of examples and products, the diversity of visual possibilities that this plastic offers.› To the article