Oswald Mathias Ungers, Germany
4 products of 2 manufacturers.
Study of architecture at the technical university Karlsruhe (1947-50), diploma with Egon Eiermann. Already 1950 opened its own office in Cologne to Ungers and built to for instance in the middle of the 60's numerous housings and Appartmentkomplexe, approximately in the Maerki quarter in Berlin (1963-66). Training activity at the technical University of Berlin and at the Cornell University of, Ithaka NY. In the 70's Ungers participated in numerous competitions, from which are to be particularly emphasized: the re-organization concerning town construction citizens of Berlin of the zoo quarter (1973), the new building of the Wallraf Richartz museum in Cologne (1975) as well as that of Bremen university complex (1977). In the 80's developed under its direction the new hall on Frankfurt fairgrounds (1980-84), Alfreds the Wegener Institut for polar research in Bremerhaven (1980-84), the federal state library of Baden, Karlsruhe (1980-91), as well as the organization of the museum of architecture in Frankfurt (1984 completed). Like few architects in the second half of this century Ungers succeeded in forming an unmistakable over decades constantly developed further work beyond all fashions and schools. Ungers looks for in accordance with-eaten expression of generally human orders in its buildings for that our time.