Welcome to our table!
by Thomas Wagner | 10/25/2016
Tables and chairs by Magis are not only the result of an intensive collaboration. They are also suffused with a special spirit of hospitality.
Via Stendhal, 35
T: +39 02 47719280
F: +39 02 48701141
Stefano Giovannoni, born in La Spezia in 1954, graduated in Architecture in Florence in 1978, currently, he lives and works in Milan.
From 1979 to 1991 he has been teaching and doing research in the Florence Faculty of Architecture; he has been master-professor at Domus Academy in Milan, at the del Progetto in Reggio Emilia and professor in Industrial Design at the University of Architecture in Genova. He has been not only working as an architect but also an industrial-designer and an interior-designer, especially specializing in plastic products. He has collaborated with companies like Alessi, Cedderoth, Deborah, Fiat, Flos, Hannstar, Helit, Henkel, Kokuyo, Inda, Laufen, Lavazza, Magis, Oras, Oregon Scientific, Seiko, Siemens, 3M, etc. He designed very successful commercial products such as, for Alessi, the “Girotondo"and “Mami" series, the plastic products, “Il BagnoAlessi"and the “Bombo" series for Magis.
In 1980 he won the “Shinkenchiku Residential Design Competition"award, with Kisho Kurokawa as judge, and the “Concorso per una Piazza a Santa Croce sull’Arno" award. In 1985 he won the second prize at the “Shinkenchiku Residential Design Competition" with Tadao Ando as judge.
In 1989 he won the “Concorso per la ristrutturazione del centro storico di Castel di Sangro"award together with Andrea Branzi and Remo Buti. In 1991 he designed the Italian Pavilion at the exhibition “Les Capitales Europeennes du nouveau design"at the Centre George's Pompidou. Some of his projects have received the “Design Plus"award at the Frankfurt Fair-Ambiente 1994, 1996 and 2003; the 1997 "100% Design"award in London; the “Forum Design Hannover"award in 1999; the “ISH"2003 award, and have been selected "Compasso d' Eoro"in 1996 and 1998. His works are part of the permanent archive of Centre Georges Pompidou and of MOMA collection (New York).