Dirk Wynants, Belgium (*1964)
Belgium, May 9th 1964, son of a cabinet maker.
Interior and furniture design in the architecture institute Sint-Lucas / Gent, Belgium.
Involved in the distribution of international design brands until he establishes Extremis in 1994 with own furniture designs for outdoor use. Managing director and main designer, but also working closely together with other internationally renowned designers.
- Henry van de Velde Award, Belgium 2001
- Interior Innovation Award, IMM Köln 2003
- les Best of NOW! design à vivre, Paris 2003
- Henry van de Velde Award, Belgium 2003 (nomination best product)
- FX international design award, London 2003 (best residential furniture)
- IF design award, silver, Hannover 2003
- Interior Innovation Award, IMM Köln 2004 (nomination)
- Good Design award, Chicago 2004
- ID magazine, Annual Design Review, New York 2004
- FX international design award, London 2004 (best residential furniture)
- Design Award of the Province of West Flanders, Kortrijk 2004
- Interior Innovation Award, IMM Köln 2005
- Red Dot Award, 2005
- Independent Entrepreneur of the Year, Belgium 2001
- Hermes Award, Belgium 2002
- Leeuw van de Export Award, Belgium 2002
If you’re happy to stay in although spring has arrived, that’s up to you! We had a look around imm cologne and the Salone del Mobile to spot the latest in outdoor furniture designers and manufacturers have created specially for the season.› To the article
Twelve adult playgrounds
Crawling into hanging birds’ nests, taking refuge in airy tipis and hiding in modern wooden constructions: Kids aren’t the only ones allowed to play outdoors.› To the article