Glass pavilion in the Ticino by JM Architecture, Milan
Protection from injury
* Risk of injury due to accidental impact. Glass fragments into blunt pieces.
* Assembly: two sheets of glass and at least one PVB interlayer
* Class: 2B2
* Applications: doors, windows, bus shelters
Protection from falls
* Prevention of falls through the glass - even when accidentally broken.
* Assembly: two sheets of glass and at least two PVB interlayers
* Class: 1B1
* Applications: balustrades, banisters, etc.
Test method: pendulum
Enables classification of glasses according to soft-body impact rating.
Photo: AGC Glass Europe