In 1953-54 Joseph Beuys designed furniture for a collector, three tables and a shelf. One of these tables, Monk, was transformed into a work of art and installed in Block Beuys in Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt in 1967.
Researching details of Beuys
´ conception of these pieces, Eva and Wenzel Beuys discovered complex contexts and links into the oeuvre of the artist, put down in a publication by Schellmann Art, Munich. The three tables and the shelf were manufactured for the first time in 2008 by Sch
ellmann Furniture in editions of 15, jointly with a tripod lamp which Beuys had built for himself.