Gio Ponti


Produkte von Gio Ponti

Born in Milan in 1891. Ponti graduates in Architecure in Milan in 1921 and opens a studio with Mino Fiocchi and Emilio Lancia. This period marks Ponti's Artistic Directorship of Richard-Ginori (1923- 1930) and the first architectural works: the house

in Via Randaccio (1926), the "L'Ange Volant" estate in Garches/Paris (1927). In 1928 he is founder of Domus magazine which, he directs right up to his last days. The 30's mark the series of "typical houses", as well as the Tor

re al Parco for the V Triennal of which Ponti is director. From 1933 to 1945 he works with Antonio Fornaroli and Eugenio Soncini. Worthy of mention are the Montecatini offices in 1936, the Mathematical School at the University City of Rome in 1934. In 195

2, Alberto Rosselli joins Ponti's studio and, coinciding with the post-war years, we see a considerable design production (Ideal Standard, Olivari, Cassina, Pavoni, Krupp, Altamira, etc.). To the Pirelli Skyscraper, a symbol of the city of Milan, foll

ow other works such as Villa Planchart in Caracas (1953-56), the Italian Institute of Culture in Stockholm (1954), the Carmelo Convent in Sanremo (1958) and a considerable activity in the East (Teheran, Bagdad, Islamabad, Hong Kong). Ponti designs fabrics

for Jsa, tiles for Joo, silverware for Sabattini and Christofle, enamels for De Poli, glass for Venini. The 60's mark the period of the churches of San Francesco (1964) and San Carlo (1967) in Milan. In 1970 the Concathedral of Taranto. Ponti dies in

Milan on September 16, 1979.